Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weekend Cook: Lamb Kabobs

Lamb Kabobs and Grilled Potatoes
Another awesome application of those "Children Need Potatoes" spuds, plus my last package of Willow Hill Farm lamb kabobs.


I sprinkled the meat with Dizzy Pig "Red Eye", a rub of coffee and chilies, grilling over high heat.  I lost another skewer in the place where a previous one had burned up - it is consistently too hot a spot - but I doubt I'll remember where it was for next time.

Beef, veal and lamb go rare/medium rare for optimum flavor, and small pieces like these are tricky to prevent being overdone.  Just sear, and then a rest under foil and a heavy towel for 15-20 minutes.

Willow Hill Farm Lamb Kabobs
The lamb/rub combo was perfect!   And potatoes are taking the place of one of my previous staples: buttered, grilled bread.


Well, actually, there really is no real substitute for ciabattas, baguettes, or naan, grilled crispy and buttery over fire.  If you aren't grilling bread, you must try it!

And I will envy you, forever.