Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rack of Lamb

Rack of Lamb
Okay, so I know that chop is a bit blue, but one minute in the microwave took care of that - and since this was cooked ahead of time, that was the right way to proceed with this cook.  I weep for overdone lamb.


Rack salted, then fried on both sides; coated in mustard, parmesan cheese, minced garlic and gf breadcrumbs.


Hot pan into a 450f oven for 12 -15 minutes (if reheating later).  I don't like cooking by time and temperature, but temps over 400f fry the digital thermometer probes.

(This was an Emeril recipe, and I used those instructions to see where it led me as an exercise.)


The crust was very tasty, and I wished I'd made a pan sauce from the drippings to go with it.

If I had done this my way, I would have baked it at a lower temperature (300f) and used a probe to pull it at 131f.   Ah, well, at least there were no tears.