Friday, February 25, 2011

Rainbow Trout

Rainbow Trout
Another fish filet simply coated in gf breadcrumbs, paprika, onion and garlic powders; panfried for 2-3 minutes per side.

Quinoa, Mushrooms, Spinach

I served it with sauteed local mushrooms, quinoa, and baby spinach - dressed with wasabi oil.

There should be local smelt available soon for "fish days".  Dan has already had local perch deep-fried at the My-T-Fine diner twice, but I don't think that counts as healthy - especially not with the dippin' gravy.

Some wonder why I'm posting non-local fish recipes, so here it is, in case you think I've gone off the reservation, too:

1) I'm practicing my photography and plating skills with regard to how they appear on this site

2)  Posting reminds me to buy the next piece of fish (healthy choice)

3) My health care physician grills me if she catches meat, rice, and pasta exclusively on this blog