Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving we are having: a cold.  Though, I did manage to drag myself out to the store for a turkey take-away (but really, we just needed more Kleenex).

And cat food.  I fear that at least two of the cats would try to eat us if they run out of treats, and I bought them turkey dinner, too.

Here's some more food photos from the dashboard. (Sniffles)

Veggies Assembled
A "before" photo of a simple soup made in the crockpot.  Low, slow and delicious - frozen homemade stock is always around for situations like this.

Vegetable Soup
 Beautiful and easy.

Whole Pork Loin Roast
Another before shot.  This is a store-bought loin, and pork meatballs wrapped in bacon.  I sprinkled Dizzy Dust over the top and put it in the smoker until a thermometer registered 141f.

Smoked Pork Loin
 After resting on the counter for 20 minutes, medium-well.  Very moist.

Pork-stuffed Shrimp
This wasn't an epic fail, but it wasn't as good as it sounded.  Still, I ate it.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!