Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Cook: Beef Kabobs

Beef Kabobs
Yesterday, I threw a few beef kabobs marinated in chili sauce on the grill (high heat).  They cooked quickly, and as you can see, I didn't even bother soaking the skewers.


When I make pork shoulder or brisket, I typically use chili-garlic paste and turbinado sugar to make a hot/sweet coating.  I haven't tried cooking with sambal oelek, and wanted to see what it would do alone.  I know it's a condiment, but we don't follow the rules around here much.

Grilled Beef Kabobs and Asparagus
The kabobs were hot-hot-hot!  I think that putting them in a pita with some greens and a cooling, creamy dressing would have been the perfect way to enjoy them.

I ate them over rice with the asparagus, and will certainly be having kabobs again soon.