Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Menu: Grilled Beef Skirt

Rare beef skirt with grilled greens and red jasmine rice.

I put a few tablespoons of Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette in a plastic baggie with our 1 1/2 pound steak; I squeezed out as much air as possible so the marinade had full contact with the meat for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.

I took one baby Bok Choy from Arethusa Farm, cut it in half and coated them with EVOO. I put about a tablespoon of oil on a plate, spread it out, and swept the cut halves across the film. I gave them a sprinkle of salt before grilling.


They take about 6 minutes on the grill, 3 min. per side. I tried to move the delicate leaves over the cooler part of the gas grill.


The steak was a 10/10/20 because it was so thick. Ten minutes per side on high with the cover up, 20 minutes moved to the unlit portion of the grill with the flame side turned down to the lowest setting, cover down.

The Bok Choy was still a bit crunchy, but cooked through. The skirt is very rare this time, due to pulling it off the grill too soon - Dan grew impatient with the wait. Serves 2 hungry farmers.