Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wheatless: Ways to Use Leftover Turkey #1

Turkey Pizza
Oh yeah!  That was goood!

Turkey, commercial jarred pesto, a can of generic mushroom "stems 'n pieces", fresh onions, Mimmo's sauce, and lots of generic shredded mozzarella and Parmesan.  Doesn't matter about the commodity ingredients from the pantry, the moist farm-raised turkey shone through.

Gluten Free Pantry
I took a chance because it was the only pizza mix I had in the house...but the back panel said "contains traces of soy".  Danger, danger!


The batter was spreadable, and I added a TB of Italian herbs to it - so fragrant and appetizing.  I liked that it did not need to be pre-baked before topping.  I smushed all the fixins' into the fluffy base and added 12 minutes onto the suggested time for baking at 450f.


(Before cooking)

It came out just like a focaccia, and I think if I were to do this again, I would use it that way as buttery-garlic-cheesy strips with a marinara dipping sauce.  As it turned out, it has too much soy contamination for me to eat again, but Dan LOVED it!

Heck, I loved it - but the food issues - no wheat, no soy. (Sigh)