Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Steelhead Trout with Polenta and Mushrooms

Steelhead Trout with Polenta and Mushrooms
Once the polenta was made, this meal came together in less than half an hour.
A liter and a half of milk/water is brought to a boil and 250 grams of polenta added; reduce to simmer, stir, stir, 30 minutes later, it's done.  This was the package directions for 4 servings!  It made 12 servings, easily.

After removing from the stove, I added: a pat of butter, 3 ounces of cheddar, 1/2 cup of Parmesan.

I adjusted the salt and poured it into containers to cool.

This recipe makes too much polenta!

I reheated previously sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions, and roasted peppers in about 2 tablespoons of this garlicky vinaigrette.

The fish filet went into a 425f oven for 12 - 18 minutes while the polenta was pan-fried.

Steelhead Trout, Polenta, Mushrooms
Light, probably healthy - tasted healthy and light - and the acidic, sweet mushroom mixture went very well with the fish.  You'll notice there isn't much in the way of vegetables - I'm not buying any more disappointment from the supermarket because market starts this Saturday!

I loved the pillowy texture of the polenta with its crunchy/chewy crust, and wished I had cut a bigger piece.  Fortunately, I have eleven more servings to get to.