Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Beef Skirt with Potato Gratin

Beef Skirt with Potato Gratin
 I had a craving for grilled beef, and a need to use up some holiday leftovers - you may be surprised by what is in this gratin - or not, if you regularly read this blog.

Potato Grain with Ham
The leftovers: a cup of ham, 2 cups of diced potatoes, a cup of shredded turkey, sour cream dip, 1/2 cup of grated parmesan, 1/4 cup cubed blue cheese and 1/4 cup cubed Havarti.  I shredded a small onion, and added salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.  I covered it all in wheatless breadcrumbs and popped it into a 375f oven for 40 minutes, until bubbly at the sides.


The skirt was marinated in Italian dressing overnight, then grilled for about 2 minutes per side, removed, covered in foil and a heavy towel for 15 minutes to rest.  


Just a sprinkle of salt on the meat, and dinner is served!   I need to go to farmer's market soon, because I have run out of vegetables - unless you count jalapenos.