Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Smoking

Smoked Country-style Pork Ribs
I've been running the new smoker through it's paces trying to get a feel for it, using different types of wood.

Ribs being smoked.
You really don't want to open the lid when it is in "smoke mode" (cough).  I've been cooking at 225f - 250f.

Smoked Chicken Wings
The skin didn't get as crispy as I would have liked - I wanted to crisp them up on the gas grill, but it is still out of propane.

Smoked Chicken and New Potatoes in foil.
The chicken and potatoes cooked in the same amount of time, about 3 hours (250f - 280f), until the thermometer read 163f. (Note the smoke build up outside of the lid line - I'm not fond of that)

Smoked Spareribs
This coming weekend is "Turkey Day", when I'll be using the Big Green Egg instead of the Traeger.  Hopefully, I'll be able to take some photos of all the cooking.