Sunday, May 16, 2010

On The Side: Spinach Florentine


Dan requested spinach Florentine like they make at Mimmo's restaurant.  "Are you sure?" I asked - because "I think creamed spinach or a gratin might be nice."

"No" he said "You're killing me with cream".

Sure, I'm killing him by forcing luscious dairy on his veggies - but pie-by-the-slice, cake, cookies, brown gravy, chocolate bars, salty chips, chain burgers and chain tacos, donuts, and stuffed pancakes are not a problem.


I'm putting as much garlic as I like in this, nine cloves.


Saute for about a minute, add 1/4 cup of white wine - let it sizzle - then 1/2 pound of fresh washed spinach goes in the pan.


Cover for a minute, then stir to get the cooked spinach off the bottom of the pan.


Little salt on that, and I'm done!


(Sunset photography again.)

No frills. Just like he wanted.  The meatloaf recipe appears in tomorrow's post.