Friday, July 3, 2009

Farmer's Market Food: Folk Foods

Mmmm, burrito.

It's the Breakfast Burrito from Folk Foods, Dan's first choice for breakfast on Saturday mornings in City Hall Park during farmer's market. It used to be mine, too, but - you know - I can't eat wheat anymore.

My husband is not the only one with breakfast and lunch in mind at this busy stand.

There are 3 other sandwiches available, plus you can buy their hot "Master Sauce," and vegetarian wheat gluten patties and crumbles to take home. They cheerfully supply recipe ideas, too.

That's Dan getting his burrito from the owner, Jason Frishman.

Really, any sandwich with an egg in it is filling fare, and I find that I can't look away from the psychedelic designs as they sizzle away on the griddle.

Practically perfect veggie patties await turning, and completed sandwiches are warming on the planchet.

As a bonus to being the stand beside this one, I get to inhale the aroma of toast and eggs all day. Mmmmm, toast. (I miss you! Kiss, kiss!)



(They are currently out of the Master Sauce, but more will be available, shortly - I have a jar of my own in the refrigerator.)

What are you waiting for? Come to market!