Tuesday, June 9, 2009

unKIND bars - wheatless??

I'm looking for a go-to snack to have in my pockets for those times I can't access gluten-free foods, or am tempted to skip meals because I'm too tired to cook or do not want to eat alone. First up: KIND bars.


I tried the almond/coconut bar and I had a very slight allergic reaction, the type I usually get when small amounts of soy sauce containing wheat are in my food. Which is a shame, because it tastes fantastic.

I tried the almond/apricot to be sure, and had the same problem. Coincidence? Probably, since so many gluten-free bloggers like this brand. There may also be another ingredient I am sensitive to and don't realize it, yet.

I'm disinclined to repeat this experiment a third time, because there are so many other gluten-free bars to try. No more of these for me!