Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Menu: Beef Skirt & Veggies

Another skirt steak (I am starting to run low in the freezer). This time with peppers, onion, and cabbage on the grill.

The veggies were marinated in thyme, pepper and EVOO for 1/2 hour while I started the grill. I spread them out on one of those perforated disposable pans they sell in supermarkets - I have a stainless "veggie grill pan" but haven't seen it since the kitchen renovation. The grill is on high, and these are on the left side as the meat cooks on the right. I tossed them a few times with tongs to cook them evenly.

After the first 10 minutes, the skirt steaks are turned. This is the house rub consisting mainly of hot paprika and chili powder.

When each steak has had 10 minutes on each side (grill cover up), they are transferred to the veggie tray.

The tray was slid onto a cookie sheet for transporting to the counter inside. I covered it with foil and a heavy towel, and let it rest for 20 minutes before slicing. The meat was perfectly rare and the veggies cooked through.