Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday Menu: Stuffed Artichoke Hearts


I was fortunate enough to score four artichoke hearts from Half Pint Farm at market, and since I still have "stuffing fever" decided to give them the full treatment.


I cut out the chokes and simmered them in acidulated water for 20 minutes.


Trim them up and there's not much left, and so delicious all by themselves.  I actually had second thoughts about dressing them up with other flavors - as though these would be the last I have this season - but they aren't, so onward!


It's a simple shrimp stuffing, just a handful of chopped cooked little ones with 1/2 TB Cream Cheese, 2 TB shredded Jack and Tomme Collins, 1/2 TB Sour Cream.


They'd probably taste just fine at this stage, too - but, let's keep going.


Topped with additional cheese, one whole shrimp, and a sprinkle of paprika and pepper. They baked in a 400f oven for 25 minutes.


I served these cheesy little apps alongside some radishes and freshly-made gazpacho.  A sophisticated treat for a lazy summer evening.