Wednesday, June 26, 2013

If you follow me on Facebook, you already know...

Chateau Frontenac
We left the farm for two days.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's what this photo was of.  I was taking pictures during a carriage ride (which was awesome) but they grain those draft horses pretty hard and the corny farts were distracting.  Not my farts! 

Famous Tree
Yes, that is a cannonball lodged in that tree.  Over 40,000 were recovered from the "Plains of Abraham" battlefield park (again, I didn't take notes - I only know it wasn't the Joan d'Arc park).

This was deep history for Dan and I, since both of our family trees are rooted here.

Citadel?
I can't even express how mind-bogglingly thick and high the walls were - but, after walking up the steep grade - I realized that this fort locale was a very good choice.  Any invaders would be winded and crawling on the ground by the time they reached the pinnacle.


Okay, hide this photo from the kids.  I couldn't believe this was in a tourist zone.  Also - I did not buy that outfit for Dan - it's all him.

More to come as I clean out the photo cards!!!!