Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Menu: Salmon Croquettes

Salmon Croquettes
A crispy salmon croquette sits atop a creamy cheesy sauce with artichokes, shrimp and spinach; this was the best use of leftover spinach dip ever!


A friend gave us some Coho obtained on a fishing trip to Alaska.  What can I say?  We have great friends!  A pound of that was coated in brown sugar, pepper and salt, then smoked at 225f for two hours, then flaked.


To that I added: 1 1/2 TB of wheatless breadcrumbs, and a beaten egg mixed with 2 TB of Woeber's Horseradish Sauce.  Mixed, and microwaved a small sample.  I adjusted the salt and let set for ten minutes for the liquid to be absorbed by the breadcrumbs.


Formed four patties and coated those in more breadcrumbs, then refrigerated until ready to cook.


Pan fried over medium heat until brown on both sides - took no time at all.  I mixed together 2 TB of mayonnaise and a squeeze of sriracha for the sauce, since I love that on just about everything.


Forgot to mention that I sauteed some shiitakes and black oyster mushrooms from farmer's market for a garnish.  Dan walked in as I was plating and said, 'This is why we don't need to go out to have a great meal'.