Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scene on Church Street: More Cows


After market on Saturday, we walked up Church Street to the Farmhouse Tap and Grill for a bite (where the old McDonald's used to be).  I got to see three more of the artsy-fancy cows.


I wish I was mobile enough to walk the length of the street to see them all before they are gone.


The restaurant is ironically, a sandwich/hamburger joint.  No seafood to be found (that day), and only a few unbready preparations.  Very much like the McDonald's it replaced.  Cool decor, though.

If they had a gluten-free menu, I'd be a regular - but I can't trust a restaurant that doesn't have both front and back of the house schooled to serve patrons with severe auto-immune allergies.  Our server was tops that day, and steered me towards safe foods on the menu.  I had the cheese plate, minus the bread.