Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wheatless: American Flatbread Gluten-free Pizza


This is the "Eggs Benedict" pizza from the specials board last saturday.  It is the second gluten-free pizza I have tried from American Flatbread's St. Paul Street location.  The capicola was an especially nice touch.


It needed black pepper in a bad way, or maybe some garlic - there's something missing - but it was miles above the first pie I had last week (mild peppers and bland pepperoni).  The outer crust was a little too dry in texture to eat without lots of water to drink; I gave up on it and kept the edges for the chickens.  Loads of people don't eat the crusts of their pizzas, anyway.

In short, I'm very impressed that they (safely) make a gluten-free pizza at all, and I look forward to trying another one.  And another one.