Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday Menu: Tuna Salad


The local diner is closed on Mondays; left to our own devices we can usually come up with something edible.  Or just okay, depending on how much time I have to make it.

Tonight's supper comes courtesy of the pantry, along with leftovers from other cooks. (The radishes and lettuce are from Half Pint Farm, which class it up.)


One can of albacore (the water it was packed in was drained into the cat's food dish).  One small onion, diced, sauteed oyster mushrooms, a handful of blanched asparagus...


...and four slices of our own bacon, cut up.  I sprinkled black pepper and paprika over all.


For the wet ingredients, two tablespoons of mayonnaise, one tablespoon of wasabi mayonnaise and a splash of wheat-free soy sauce.


There's a slight kick from the wasabi.  I can't remember the last time I had canned tuna; quite frankly, it tasted like chicken because of all the other flavors going on.  I declare it better than okay, and I really liked the texture of the sauteed mushrooms (another farmer's market find).