Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On The Side: Fusilli w/Grilled Veggies

Easy creamy pasta salad.

Remember these farmer's market veggies from yesterday's post?

I chopped up about 1 1/2 cups of previously grilled/steamed veggies.

Even though the pea pods were edible, I wanted to add the shape of the individual peas to the other "round" shapes in this salad.

A half bag of twirly pasta, cooked according to the directions.

After tossing together, I refrigerated it without a dressing because lunch was a couple of hours away - I find that especially with wheatless pasta this step keeps the noodles from going mushy or absorbing all the creamy dressing. Just dress as you wish before serving and all will be well.


I didn't have time or energy to make a dressing so I used 1/4 cup of Green Goddess. Adjust for salt and pepper; this recipe serves 4-6 depending on the mains. Enjoy!